Tracks Judging Criteria:
- Team: The team takes up an important part of the total grade. Judges look for experience, value added, and the relevance of each team member to the project
- Innovation: The idea must be either new, or demonstrates a marked improvement to an existing solution or a business process
- Financial Sustainability: The startup should clearly demonstrate the ability to be financially sustainable on the long term validated within the business model
- Scalability: A startup should not be limited to a nationwide market. Preferably, the business should be easy to replicate regionally or globally as the company expands
- Social Impact: Judges will assess the extent to which your project is positively impacting the community (Social Entrepreneurship Track)
Round one Judges
Judging process in the MITEF Saudi Startup Competition includes three rounds. The first round will be held after the application deadline. The first judging panel consists of local and Arab academics and business experts, who will evaluate the applications based on the competition criteria. The 45 qualified teams for the 2nd judging round will be announced.
Round two Judges
The 2nd judging round will be held immediately after the training camp, after which the 27 finalists will be announced.
Round three Judges
The third and final round of the competition will be held in the morning of closing ceremony of MITEF Saudi Startup Competition and StartSmart Conference. The 9 winning teams in three categories will be announced during a gala ceremony which is attended by prominent Arab and international figures. Awards are presented to winners and Partners and event organizers contribution is recognized and applauded.